Almost all international Airports are reasonably friendly to disabled people and those who require special help. The amenities offered at international terminals are the following:
Wider access pathways
Telephones at a height accessible to wheelchair users
Disabled toilet facilities
Reserved seating for disabled people in check-in areas.
Tips for Disabled Air Passengers :
1. You must compare the facilities offered by different airlines before you book your ticket.
2. You should also check if any extra charges are levied on you. Is any price for the special support included in the value of your ticket?
3. Inform your airline of your specific need in good time.
4. You must go through the policy of your airline and check if you will be allowed to carry your own wheelchair to the aircraft door. Ask them if you will be transferred to an airline wheelchair at check-in.
5. Ask for assistance because there are often long walking distances within airport.
6. Advance arrangement of any necessary assistance will ensure a stress free move. This is also facilitate that you need not waste your time waiting for things to be arranged.
7. Pre book your cab to take you to your destination. Disabled transfers facility would save you from a great deal of unrest.
So, next time whenever you have to travel, it is always a good idea to book all your transportation and accommodation. This way you can enjoy your travel and take full benefit of your tour.